Wednesday, November 05, 2008

X-posted from Facebook

Note: I felt this was best spread around. So, feel free to spread around! :-) Just please give credit where credit is due, and leave comments! :-D

First off, I would like to thank and congratulate everyone who helped make this possible, everyone who voted (however you voted) and everyone who volunteered (whoever you volunteered for). One of the saddest things to me about the previous elections (not just 2000 and 2004, but previous elections as well) was the low percentage of voter turnout. Just the fact that this election was so important to so many people that, not only did it move them to get out and vote, but it made people act in a way to want to move others as well. We've done so much for this ability, for this honor, from the American Revolution, the Civil War, to Women's Sufferage. To everyone who voted, who voted for Obama, who voted for McCain, who voted third party or write in or however, I commend you.

Secondly, I would like to state my personal reasons for voting for Obama. I have been impressed with the man since he became Senator of Illinois, and remember reading an article about his charisma and infectious enthusiasm that, even then, struck me as what I would like to see in a president; someone who was able to move those around him to act. As the presidential campaign battled on, between the Democrate candidates, and later against McCain, I was continuously amazed by the fact that Obama did not stoop to attacks on his opponent. I was impressed by his intelligent asnwers. I truly commend him for choosing a runningmate who has the experience he lacks, and someone who is not afraid to voice his opinion, especially if it is contrary to the President, and I'm confident that, in such a case, Obama will listen. He is a man that is competant and confident without being cocky, intelligent without being condescending, and compassionate without being weak. I have great confidence that he will be able to help this country rise from her fallen depths, that he will be able to help bridge the gaps between income and political affiliation, and bring us our friends and allies from beyound our shores that the past eight years had alienated so painfully.

He can't do it alone, however; we are all Americans here, and he needs us to work together if anything he does is to help. Please, hold my hand as we raise America back up, whether you are Republican or Democrat, Conservative or Liberal, whatever your persuasion, this is your country too.

I would like to add that I feel Senator John McCain is a good man, and a good candidate, and while I do not agree with his stance on many issues, I think he would have done an admirable job as president. I admit that I do not have the same feelings for Palin as runningmate, and because of her I would have had trouble accepting his administration, had he won, but I want you to know that, had he any other vice-presedential candidate, I would not have been bitter had the election gone differently.

Please, comment to this to let me know you're with me in helping to make this country great again.

1 Comments:

At 5:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can always count on me!! anonymom~~

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home