Thursday, January 31, 2008

Poor poor Schubert!

They say that your sense of smell is strongly linked to memory.

That made itself blatantly clear when Franz Schubert's String Quintet in C Major started playing and I immediately remembered the smell of burnt marshmallows, because that's what the musty old library smelled like that my quintet rehearsed that piece in at ENCORE a few years ago. Wonderful wonderful piece, icky smell. That and there were personality clashes between ... well ... just about everyone and our coach. I think I was one of two people that didn't argue with her in any way. If I'm remembering correctly (god, that musty burnt marshmallow smell really gave me headaches, it was hard to concentrate on anything besides trying to breathe!), the other cellist really got into a spat with the Coach!

Go figure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home