Sunday, March 11, 2007

Yay Movie Goodness To Come!!!

So I am highly anticipating the release of two movies that ... won't happen for a while.

First is The #1 Ladies' Detective Agency, based on the series of the same name by Alexander McCall Smith. I *love* this series! His style of writing is so fresh and descriptive, it's almost like I'm there in Botswana (and in this cold weather that's a double blessing!). The characters are deep and intruiging, especially Mma. Ramotswe. I cannot wait for this movie to be released! For some reason, though, its page on IMDB is locked ... :-(

The second I just found out about today ... apparently Steven Spielberg has been chasing the rights for this and finally got them, and will be releasing the first of hopefully a series in 2009. What is it, you say? Why, The Adventures Of Tin Tin! :-D It's actually a French cartoon, and is very big in Europe, but I remember watching the English-dubbed version when they played it on Nikelodeon. My, how I loved it! It's also a detective story about a young guy -- Tin Tin -- and his dog Snowy (a pure-white Wire-Haired Fox Terrier, by my guess) and the cases they solve as a reporter and trusty canine sidekick. It's on YouTube, if you're curious. :-)

The good news is that by the time they're released, I should be in a stable financial situation enough to see them opening night. *knocks on wood* :-D

2 Comments:

At 9:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

sweet! I loved it too!

 
At 9:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is perfect time to make some plans for the future and it is time
to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I wish
to suggest you few interesting things or tips.
Perhaps you can write next articles referring to this article.
I wish to read more things about it! general car insurance - stradivarius-fombrauge.com - car insurance nh requirements

Also visit my page general car insurance

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home